La Bourguignonne pottery has a history dating back to 1848, when a young potter, Jacques Henry developed a passion for 'earth and fire' in a small workshop in Marcigny in his native Burgundy. Travelling France to learn from other potters, by 1870 he had his first workshop, which he passed onto his son, Paul. Paul exported the pottery of 'La Maison Henry' to Paris, where his Ruffled Pie Dish soon become the symbol of the company. Paul's son Émile reinvigorated the company after the lack of labour during the two world wars. His grandson Jacque renamed the company Émile Henry, in tribute to his grandfather and the passion which has been handed down from generation to generation, the passion of Earth & Fire.
Émile Henry pottery is still Made in France as it always has been, and is available all over the world.